jueves, 11 de junio de 2009

A Short Story

It was a May evening when my mother and I wanted to buy something to have a snack. My mom was holding my arm as she usually does while we were waiting to cross the street. We had been waiting for the green light when suddenly heard the siren of the police car and some shots. Everything was going very well until that unexpected moment.

As we looked to the police we knew that they were trying to stop some thieves, which were driving a stolen car. So as soon as we realized that we were in the middle of a dangerous situation we started to run in order to come into a build to take cover from the shots.

When my mother and I thought that we were almost saved while we were running, I looked back to see what was happening and immediately got scared when I saw the car coming straight to us, and then the worst thing that we were trying to avoid occured in that moment, the stolen car had just knocked me down.

I don't know how I got up, but the truth is that I didn't care the pain or if I was injured, I just wanted to know how my mother was in that terrible moment, but I felt relieved when I knew she was fine. I just thank God that even though the car could have killed us, we are still alive and we got nothing serious except some bruises.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario